The Genoa Museum is located in Palazzina San Giobatta, situated in the heart of Genoa’s Porto Antico and is part of a group of four buildings identified by the names of saints.
In its day, the 16th century building, its exterior walls painted by Domenico Piola, was part of the “free port” for the transportation of foodstuffs. With the unification of Italy, the previous destination ceased to exist, and the buildings were the object of a series of extension and reconstruction works. Before the Christopher Columbus Expo in 1992, the area was redeveloped under Renzo Piano’s architecture project.
The Palazzina is a three-storey building located next to il Bigo panoramic lift and 200 metres from Genoa’s aquarium. The museum occupies two storeys and is set up across ten exhibition rooms, of a total size of approximately 350 m2.
These spaces can be adapted to meet different needs and make the perfect space for showrooms, workshops, business lunches and gala dinners (for a
maximum of 80 people seated and 120 standing). The Museum rooms can be used together with
Sala 1893 which is home to some of the most important relics in the history of Italian football.